Exploration is key to success in today’s rapidly changing world. We’ve said it once, twice, hundreds of times, and we stand by it. One component of exploration is trying new things. As part of our Studio/E Masters program, we send out Knowledge Boxes to provide our members with opportunities to continue to explore during the months that we don’t meet. The Knowledge Boxes are made up of hand-selected books, magazines, gadgets, snacks and other items we find relevant that month — all revolving around a theme. The last Knowledge Box we sent out was curated around a characteristic that is very important to exploration:
C O U R A G E
With some research and trial-and-error, we found six products that we felt encouraged courage. Here is what we came up with:
- The Obstacle is the Way. This is the best book we’ve read this year. It provides the context and three actionable steps for anyone that wants to have a meaningful life (kids included) and deal with the life we are given.
- Studio/E Luggage Tag. Put this tag on your backpack as you courageously travel into the unknown; to travel to places where people don’t already know your name and your story. Let it remind you of the courage you need to navigate the obstacles that you will encounter on your way to create value. Made by the wonderful folks at Leatherworks Minnesota, designed by Minneapolis-based design firm, Replace.
- Me to We Bracelets. These beautiful bracelets are emblematic of this month’s theme. They are made by courageous African women that do not accept the status quo. Instead of letting the difficulties of life cause them to shrink, these women started a successful jewelry business in America with nothing but their desire. They faced many obstacles on this path but now find themselves thriving as they reinvest their new-found economic value into their families and communities.
- Beats by Dre. These headphones should be used to keep you focused on dealing with the obstacles that arise while exploring the unknown. Courage takes focus. Being so busy – which is the common response from many these days – is merely a defense for not being truly courageous and focused. Take some time to yourself to reflect and focus on the obstacles that lie ahead.
- BESIDE Magazine. The outdoor movement is no longer defined by sport but by a broader desire to reconnect with nature, which has medicine for all. Explorers differ from one another yet they are connected and empowered in knowing that they are driven by nature, adventure and sustainability. BESIDE showcases curiosity, resourcefulness and triumphs of courageous explorers.
- Thumbs Cookies. These cookies were made by a courageous Studio/E member, Robyn Frank, who decided to carry on her family’s legacy. The Minnesota-made cookies are simply amazing, just like Robyn herself.
Next month’s Knowledge Box is about motivation. Once our Masters receive their boxes, we’ll be sure to share it here, too, in case you could use a motivation boost.
Happy exploring!Tagged: Exploration