A good pitch is clear, concise, and actionable. We created a framework to follow to ensure our pitches include those elements. Here is an example:
Desire: To create civic health.
Positioning Statement: Studio/E helps leaders explore the unknown by developing practices, tools, and a network to shape the future they desire.
MVP: Beta Day.
- We will design a leadership program to address a common challenge.
- We will create a beta program.
- We will preserve existing businesses.
- We will engage top-tier players to help facilitate beta day.
Action Steps Forward:
- Identify which challenge to address.
- Design prototype for beta.
- Determine if we can get 15 members.
- Create and set up pitches to Jump, Babson, Hill, and Prouty.
Extra Credit: Download this framework, print it out and use it next time you’re preparing a pitch.