Positioning your Idea is important if you want it to go somewhere. Here’s a checklist to get you thinking about how to position it:
- Who are you enrolling? (Who is your user?)
- What are your user’s jobs? (Select a specific job of your user which your Idea addresses).
- What are your user’s needs doing that job? Specifically:
- What pain(s) does your Idea reduce?
- What gain(s) does your Idea create?
- What does your user value (i.e. what is their currency? It’s not always money!)
Extra Credit: Think of a project you’ve done in the past and retroactively run through the positioning checklist. You may identify ways you could have better positioned your project or Idea.