We created the Studio/E Compass to provide direction as you launch new Ideas, and it’s especially useful when you’re faced with uncertainty. Completing the compass will leave you with energy and clarity (and when you can’t find certainty, aim for clarity!), plus the goals and action steps necessary to make progress and move your Idea forward.
To do the compass:
- Identify your Mindset (hint: you want the Mindset of a Curious Explorer)
- Add your Desire sentence
- Identify a timeframe, an Idea, and your Idea’s MVP (the minimum viable progress you can make on your Idea in order to move it one step forward)
- Answer the compass questions, which are identified in the outer ring of the compass
- Declare a goal corresponding to each of the questions in the outer ring (think “I will…” statements)
- Identify action steps you’ll take within the time frame in order to achieve your declared goals (think noun, verb, and date for each action).
Extra Credit: Download this PDF of the Studio/E Compass. Thinking about a project you’re currently working on, do steps 1-3 today. Tomorrow, tackle steps 4-6. See if you can find any clarity amongst the uncertainty.