Positioning your Idea is important if you want it to go somewhere. Here’s a checklist to get you thinking:
- Who are you enrolling?
- What are your enrollee’s jobs?
- Select a specific job of your enrollee which your Idea addresses.
- What are your enrollee’s needs doing that job? Specifically:
- What pain(s) does your Idea reduce?
- What gain(s) does your Idea create?
- What does your enrollee value (i.e. what is their currency? It’s not always money!)
Extra Credit: Think of a project you’ve done in the past and retroactively run through the positioning checklist. You may identify ways you could have better positioned your project or Idea.